Job Title: Case Manager
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
FLSA Status: Full time, Non -Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: YES —- No —X—-
Summary: Provides direct case management services through advocacy, crisis intervention services, individual and group case management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides all intake and referral functions for community members looking for services. Includes walk-ins, phone enquiries, family members, parishes, other agencies etc.
- Supports receptionist and admin volunteers in providing information regarding services.
- Conducts thorough needs assessment and develops action plan accordingly (limited intervention, referral, short / longer term case management, retention services.)
- Provides crisis intervention to individuals and families facing emergencies, delivered at both on site and off site locations.
- Develops service plans and conducts psychosocial assessments for individuals and families engaged in case management.
- Works as advocate / partner for clients to access benefits, receive financial assistance, food, employment services, medical, mental health services, substance abuse services.
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of services provided.
- Conducts outreach throughout the county.
- Acts as ambassador for ALL CCCSDC programs and services at trainings, forums, meetings etc.
- Ensures case outcomes reflect sustainability through 30 or 60 day follow up.
- Facilitates / assists facilitate educational and support groups.
- Stays current on available resources, trends and interventions.
- Prepares comprehensive case management report monthly.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full time position 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Ability to remain stationary at a work station and use a computer.
Must be able to visit clients at their home or other off site locations.
Qualifications: Bachelor level with at least two years of experience in a social service, health care or similar field.
Skills, licenses and / or competencies:
Bi- lingual a plus.
Access to a car, valid driver’s license.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and telephone skills.
Proficiency with MS Office suite, especially Excel and Outlook.
Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
Ability to engage with, and assist, individuals in crisis.
Must be comfortable serving low income, disenfranchised and / or homeless populations of all religions, in a way consistent with CCCSDC culture.