Job Title: Case Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Catholic Charities Community Services Office: Dutchess County
of Dutchess County
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes No X
Summary: This position provides direct case management services to the poor and the disenfranchised through advocacy, information and referral, crisis intervention services, and short term case management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides crisis intervention to individuals and families, facing emergencies around food, shelter, medical needs, and any concrete need as presented by client.
- Conducts thorough needs assessment and develops a service plan to address identified concrete needs using a short-term intervention model.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments of individual and family problems, and follow up with referrals to Catholic Charities programs and/or clinics, or an outside facility as deemed appropriate.
- Conducts outreach in the community.
- Develops and maintains good communication with other programs and departments within the organization to facilitate inter-agency referrals.
- Assists clients in applying for and receiving public and private benefits.
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of services provided to clients in agency-administered database.
- Attends regular supervision sessions with immediate supervisor.
- Helps to facilitate educational and/or supportive groups.
- Attends agency’s in-service training and unit meetings, as well as any other agency-related activities
- Completes statistical reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. Monday – Friday.
Working conditions and physical demands
- Must be able to visit with clients at their home, when client is physically unable to meet with staff at our office due to a disability or serious health concerns.
- Work from primary office, with occasional work outdoors and exposure to weather conditions.
Must be willing to work occasional weekends or evenings
Education and/or experience required:
Masters Level of Social Work (MSW) with at least two years of experience in the social services field or Bachelors degree with 5 years of experience working with individuals in a social service setting.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, knowledge of Social Service delivery systems, knowledge of County resources, good organizational, time-management and communication skills. Individual must possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills of MS Office, Excel, Word
- Strong writing skills
- Access to a car and valid driver’s license
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org