FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Catholic Charities Community Services Office: Dutchess County
of Dutchess County
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes No X
Summary: This position provides direct case management services to the poor and the disenfranchised through advocacy, information and referral, crisis intervention services, and short term case management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides crisis intervention to individuals and families, facing emergencies around food, shelter, medical needs, and any concrete need as presented by client.
- Conducts thorough needs assessment and develops a service plan to address identified concrete needs using a short-term intervention model.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments of individual and family problems, and follow up with referrals to Catholic Charities programs and/or clinics, or an outside facility as deemed appropriate.
- Conducts outreach in the community.
- Develops and maintains good communication with other programs and departments within the organization to facilitate inter-agency referrals.
- Assists clients in applying for and receiving public and private benefits.
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of services provided to clients in agency-administered database.
- Attends regular supervision sessions with immediate supervisor.
- Helps to facilitate educational and/or supportive groups.
- Attends agency’s in-service training and unit meetings, as well as any other agency-related activities
- Completes statistical reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. Monday – Friday.
Working conditions and physical demands
- Must be able to visit with clients at their home, when client is physically unable to meet with staff at our office due to a disability or serious health concerns.
- Work from primary office, with occasional work outdoors and exposure to weather conditions.
Must be willing to work occasional weekends or evenings
Education and/or experience required:
Masters Level of Social Work (MSW) with at least two years of experience in the social services field or Bachelors degree with 5 years of experience working with individuals in a social service setting.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, knowledge of Social Service delivery systems, knowledge of County resources, good organizational, time-management and communication skills. Individual must possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills of MS Office, Excel, Word
- Strong writing skills
- Access to a car and valid driver’s licenseIf interested, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bilingual Case Assistant/Receptionist
Job Title: Bilingual Case Assistant/Receptionist
Administrative Assistant Non-Exempt – Full Time
Administrative Support Worker
Reports to Office Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes _ No X_
Summary: The Bilingual Receptionist/Case Assistant provides compassionate assistance to the underserved through reception coverage; including infonnation, referral and follow up for clients, as needed. This position is also responsible for clerical support for the Poughkeepsie office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- . Answers telephone, greets visitors and directs inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Provides information and referral to clients and documents these interactions in the Outcomes database .
- Assists with gathering statistics and preparing reports related to Case Management, Immigration, Food Pantry,
- Assists with calendaring for staff and space within the center
- Responsible for ordering supplies
- Generates AFPs
- Handles all duplication and collating functions
- Maintains filing system
- Prepares material and set up for meetings as assigned l 0. Other duties as assigned
Working conditions and physical demands:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perfonn the essential functions of this job.
- Remain stationary at a work station , and use a
- Ability to operate standard office equipment i. copier, fax, scanner, postage machine and printer.
- Ability to use and respond to phone
- Ability to file documents in
- Ability to work with the
Education and/or experience:
- High School Graduate or GED with prior office experience, required.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies :
- . Bilingual English/Spanish ,
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and telephone skills.
- Willingness to work in a team
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, especially Excel and Outlook
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com